November 18, 2017 - February 10, 2018
IPHF Award and Hall of Fame Induction Event 2017 Exhibition
November 18th – February 10th, 2018
The International Photography Hall of Fame and Museum presents the 2017 class of Photography Hall of Fame inductees, and first-ever Lifetime Achievement Award recipient.
- Kenny Rogers, singer, songwriter, record producer, actor, photographer, and author, will receive the 2017 IPHF Lifetime Achievement Award, the first of its kind awarded by the IPHF.
Nine photographers or photography industry visionaries who demonstrate the artistry, passion, and revolution of the past and present craft of photography are selected for induction to the Hall of Fame, including:
- Harry Benson, iconic portrait photographer
- Ernest H. Brooks II, black-annd white underwater photographer
- Edward Curtis, photographer of the American West and the North American Indian
- William Eggleston, pioneer of color photography
- Anne Geddes, portrait and infant photographer
- Ryszard Horowitz, pre-digital special effects photographer
- James Nachtwey, photojournalist and war photographer
- Cindy Sherman, conceptual portrait photographer
- Jerry Uelsmann, photomontage photographer